Skip to content

Non-VCU Students

Students who are seeking a degree at an institution other than VCU who would like to participate in a VCU Education Abroad program may do so on select faculty-led programs. Unfortunately, non-VCU participants may not participate in partnership exchange programs or other VCU Education Abroad programs.  

Faculty-led programs
Non-VCU students are welcome to participate in select VCU faculty-led programs (these programs are typically offered during the summer, winter break, and spring break). VCU faculty-led programs will indicate on their brochure if the program allows for the participation of non-VCU students. All students must be 18 years of age to participate in a program.

Application process
In addition to the standard program registration process through our online application system, non-VCU students will need to complete this home university study abroad adviser form and have their adviser sign off on it. Once the form is completed and signed, VCU Education Abroad staff will upload it to the student’s application.

Upon acceptance to a program, non-VCU students will need to complete an online application for non-degree seeking students. This will allow VCU to provide you with an ID number, email address, and to register you for VCU course(s).  As part of this application, you will also need to complete an in-state tuition form, regardless of the state in which you reside.

Next steps
Once you have received your VCU ID number, you can activate your VCU eID and password. Activating these will authorize your use of VCU's electronic services, including: Non-VCU students can browse our external scholarships page for information about scholarship opportunities. 

Should you have any questions, please e-mail for assistance.