Please complete this form if you are a VCU faculty member who is proposing to repeat a short-term study abroad program that you have led or has been offered by VCU at least once in the past three years.
By completing this form, you are confirming that you have read and understood the VCU Education Abroad Faculty Leader Handbook. http://www.global.vcu.edu/abroad/faculty/
If your program is approved and you are not a US citizen, please be aware that you are subject to the terms of your employment and visa status at VCU and may only be compensated according to those terms.
Preference is given to programs that are:
Programs may not be approved for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Program previously ran under enrollment minimum and no clear plan exists to ensure sufficient enrollment for the future
- Program fee is estimated at an unreasonably high amount
- Similar programs (either VCU or affiliate/alternative) already exist for population that the proposed program targets
- Program does not appeal to a sufficient population of students
- Faculty does not have a plan for recruiting widely across departments/schools
- Program proposes to place students at a host institution for instruction which requires GEO to pay both the host institution and the VCU faculty member
The Global Education Office will approve approximately twenty repeat program proposals. Programs which have previously over-enrolled will get priority.
After you click "Register Now", please select the term in which you intend to run your program. You will be asked to select dates and location to create an itinerary. These may be tentative, but are required to access the New faculty-led proposal questionnaire and other submission documents.
Contact your Education Abroad liaison (Annia at email@example.com
or Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you have any questions.