Welcome Back, Spring 2020 Returnees
We recognize that each of you have had an incredibly unique (and disappointing, among many other emotions) partial semester abroad, we recognize that some of you never even made it to your study abroad destination at all. We hope that these study abroad returnee resources will be helpful to you as you process this part of your VCU & COVID-19 journeys.
Please continue to follow: VCU Coronavirus Guidelines & Announcements
Mental Health Resources
- Mindfulness Apps: Calm (free trial), Headspace (free trial)
- Exercise Classes: VCU RecSports (Virtual Programming) Daily Burn (60 days free), FitOn (free app)
- Articles: Managing Anxiety & Stress (CDC), That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief (The Atlantic)
Continue Intercultural Development
- Virtual Tours/Performances: The Show Must Go On by Robert Myles, Global, Spain, France, Musical Performances, US National Parks
- Learn More: GeoGuesser, DuoLingo, Future Learn, Open Culture
Study Abroad Returnee Resources
- Dealing w/ Reverse Culture Shock & Mental Health during COVID-19 (USAC)
- Re-Entry Toolkit (API)
- Study Abroad Returnees
- Reentry Challenges
- Future Abroad Considerations
- Top Ten Immediate Reentry Challenges (IES Abroad)
Did You Know That...
- 104 VCU Students were enrolled to study abroad in Spring 2020?
- 9 VCU Students were studying abroad for the entire 2019-2020 Academic Year?
- VCU students were studying abroad in 20 countries this Spring? (Australia, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, the Netherlands, Samoa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom)
- 36 VCU Students were supposed to study abroad over Spring Break in Jamaica & Greece?
Contact your VCU Education Abroad Advisor with questions or concerns:
- Sarah Carrier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simone Biasuzzi, email@example.com
- Amy Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org